- The growing potential for states to serve their own electricity needs with wind energy and rooftop solar
- The challenges for community renewable energy and how to overcome them
- The promise of electric vehicles to lower costs and pollution, and enable more local power
- The threat of growing monopoly utility companies to community-based energy
- The role of rural electric cooperatives in helping or hindering local clean energy
- ILSR’s new Community Power Toolkit for energy democracy
This post originally published at ilsr.org. Subscribe to our weekly Energy Democracy update and follow our energy work on Twitter or Facebook. Even better, follow all of ILSR’s work on Twitter or Facebook, too!.