Thanks to the National Association of State Procurement Officials for posting the following links to green policies and programs currently utilized by states and local jurisdictions.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts – Executive Order No. 515 (2009)
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts – Environmentally Preferable Products Procurement Program
- State of California’s Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Law (2002) Public Contract Code Section 12400-12404 and Executive Order B-18-12 (2012) – “Buying Green” Web Site
- State of Colorado – Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Policy (2010)
- State of Maine’s Environmentally Preferable Procurement Policy & Program
- State of New York – Executive Order No. 4 (2008)
- State of New York’s Environmental and Sustainability Programs
- State of Oregon – Executive Order No. 12-05: Fostering Environmentally-Friendly Purchasing and Product Design (2012)
- State of Oregon – Sustainability Program
- State of South Carolina – Environmentally Preferred Purchasing Policy (2009)
- State of Vermont – Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Program
- State of Washington – EPP Policies
- City of Minneapolis – Environmental Purchasing Policy
- City of Portland, Oregon – 2010 Sustainable Procurement Policy
- City of Sacramento – Sustainable Purchasing Policy (2010)
- City of Seattle, Washington – Sustainable Purchasing Program
- King County, Washington – Environmental Purchasing Policy (2011)
Also see the Responsible Purchasing Network’s Sustainable Purchasing Best Practices here, and their Responsible Purchasing Webinars here.
Photo via Wikimedia Commons.