Bills on parent company liability failed in Iowa and South Dakota ( SD 1997 S.B 202, vetoed by governor in 1997 see SD Contractor liability). Minnesota passed a law in 1990 (see link to Statute below) that assigns liability to the corporation that owns the processor for any unpaid debts due to growers.
- Minnesota Statutes §17.93 Parent company responsibility for contracts of subsidiaries.
- Minnesota Department of Agriculture
- See the Family Farm Rules Bulletin (#4) for more information on animal agricultural contracts!
- National Contract Growers Association
- Rural Advancement Foundation International
- When the Farmer Makes the Rules – by Brian Levy, The New Rules, Fall 2000
- The Plucking of the American Chicken Farmer, By Dan Fesperman and Kate Shatzkin, The Sun, Feb 28, 1999.