In addition to the archived video of the November 19th event in Brainerd, Minnesota, Blandin on Broadband‘s Ann Treacy provides links to summaries of each session, some of which also have PowerPoint presentations or video available for viewing:
- 10 Blandin Broadband Communities Named at the MN Broadband Conference
- Grasp Your Goal Before Your Feet Hit the Ground! From Jim Bensen
- State Policy Makers and Doers Preview Highlights of What’s Coming and What Could Be
- Making Public-Private Partnerships Work!
- How Education Initiatives and Innovations Impact Broadband Deployment and Use
- Minnesota Broadband Availability Speeds Have Increased, but Some Regions Still Lag Behind(Connect MN research)
- Libraries and Technology Centers – Places of Access and Innovation
- Best of the BBCs (Blandin Broadband Communities)
- Broadband-based Economic Development
- Youth Speak for Themselves at MN Broadband Conference
- Developments in Federal Broadband Policy: What Should Minnesota Be Paying Attention To?
- Welcome to the 2014 Broadband Conference from Bernadine Joselyn
- Border to Border Broadband Film Fest
- Preconference Session ~ Broadband Networks: Community Considerations
Interest in rural broadband projects has risen sharply in the past two years. In 2013, the state legislature set aside $20 million in grant funding for rural broadband projects; applications have recently come due.
A Star Tribune article reports that entities seek approximately $44.2 million in total for Minnesota projects. Sen. Matt Schmit, the lead author on the grant funding bill also spoke at the conference and told attendees:
“Above all, I think what we wanted to do was prove there was interest out there — that there’s a need.”