The Institute for Local Self-Reliance, a nonprofit organization in Minneapolis, seeks an intern for September-January. Focus is on providing preliminary research and support to our telecommunications and energy initiatives. Our organization has worked with communities for 40 years to strengthen local economies and retain strong decision-making at the local level.
- Interest in Energy and/or Telecommunications policy
- Strong computer literacy skills, comfort with online content management system
- Willingness to try new ventures and to occasionally fail, with grace
We anticipate approximately 20 hours per week, with a flexible schedule. This is a paid position. Our office is in the Seward neighborhood in South Minneapolis, close to the U of MN East bank campus. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Research selected energy and telecommunications topics online and via phone
- Research journalists, administrative agencies, elected officials and relevant organizations for targeted outreach
- Create, organize, or edit content for our websites including graphics
- Update ILSR page on a weekly or bi-weekly basis
- Help create email and social media templates for sharing our Energy and Telecommunications reports, graphics, etc.
- Bill tracking
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and short cover letter.