On April 15th, Benoit Felten and his organization, Diffraction Analysis, will host a free webinar to discuss results from their latest study. The study, Why Consumers Love FTTH – The FTTH Consumer Experience Study, delves into the fiber experience in Sweden. Here are some preliminary findings from the report:
- In Sweden a huge majority FTTH users (75%) think their broadband is better than before they had fibre.
- 67% of Swedish broadband users think broadband over fibre is ‘Very Good’, but only 13% think the same of DSL.
- Swedish FTTH subscribers use video-communication over the Internet five times as much (25%) as DSL users.
- In Sweden 59% of FTTH users think fibre broadband is sustainable. Only 44% of DSL users think the same of DSL.
- In Sweden, 59% of DSL users find their broadband price excessive vs. only 32% for FTTH users.
- For FTTH users in Sweden, quality of broadband is the 1st criterion after home price when choosing a new home.
He recently spoke at the 2014 Broadband Communities Summit in Austin, Texas. Felten also spoke on Smart Cities and Infrastructure at the FTTH Conference in Stockholm, Sweden, in February. Chris interviewed Felten in episode 21 of the Community Broadband Bits podcast back in 2012, when the two discussed the famous network in Stokab.
You can register for the free webinar at GoTo Meeting. The event starts at 11 a.m. Central on April 15th.