The webinar was geared to experienced “green” purchasers and those just getting started and covered important aspects of a successful food service ware program from an environmental purchasing perspective, and explained how to conduct product performance testing. Compostable food service ware includes biobased bowls, cups, plates, clamshells, and cutlery.
The webinar covered:
– An introduction to compostable biobased food service ware
– An overview of the importance of sustainable biomass feedstocks, toxic-free additives, and compostability
– A description of recently created purchasing specifications (BioSpecs) for this product category
– A summary of important certifications and other useful resources for purchasers
– How to prepare for and conduct product performance testing for your organizations’ needs
– Successful case studies from public and private sector organizations
View Brenda Platt’s presentation.