Are you going to the Austin Broadband Communities Conference this spring? If you plan on attending the April 5 – 7 event, you may want to head out one day early so you can check out the Coalition for Local Internet Choice (CLIC) Preconference Day event on April 4.
From the CLIC email invite:
CLIC’s pre-conference day will focus on how communities can facilitate the development of local gigabit networks. Our interactive panel of experts will share best practices and how successful community-led networks have responded to various fiber deployment hurdles, including political, legal, financial, market or resource barriers. You will be able to meet in-person and hear from the public officials who are facilitating, and the private companies who are engaged in and seeking, local public-private broadband partnerships.
The event will be open to all conference attendees and will start at 8:45 a.m. Some of the presentations include:
A Discussion of How Successful Community-Led Networks Have Responded to Barriers and Challenges
- Overcoming Legal and Political Barriers: Strategies to Advocate for Your Community’s Authority
- Overcoming Financial Barriers: Strategies to Identify and Use Funding Sources to Finance Networks from Build-outs to Upgrades
- Overcoming Market Barriers: Strategies to Maximize the Use and Benefits of the Network Once You Have It
- An Introductory Survey of Business Models and Legal Considerations in Building Broadband Public-Private Partnerships
- Private Perspectives on Partnerships: Meet the Private Sector Gigabit Partners
- Public Perspectives on Partnerships: Lessons Learned and Best Practices (Chris will speak on this topic)
For more information on speakers, you can review the full agenda here.
Join CLIC and register online for the conference. As a member of CLIC, you will receive a special BBC rate of $350 for the entire BBC conference. Use the code CLIC2016 when you register to take advantage of your membership bennie.
This article is a part of MuniNetworks. The original piece can be found here