Do you want to start a community-based composting project, but aren’t sure where to start? Are you involved with an existing community composting initiative, but need to brush up on the best practices for engaging folks in your project? Do you need to train your staff or project partners in the fundamentals of hot composting?
Our Community Composting 101 Online Certificate Course is the perfect course for you! This course is self-paced, provides a certificate of completion, with no deadline for completing it. Learn more about the course here.
Fall is the perfect time to collect those leaves and compost! From September 18th – 30th, ILSR is offering free enrollment to residents in the following states and tribal lands:
- New Hampshire
- Rhode Island
- Houlton Band of Maliseet Indians
- Narragansett Indian Tribe
- Passamaquoddy Tribe of Indians – Indian Township Reservation
- Passamaquoddy Tribe of Indians – Pleasant Point Reservation
- Penobscot Indian Nation
- Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation
- Wampanoag Tribe of Gay Head (Aquinnah)
- Aroostook Band of Micmacs
- Mohegan Tribe
- Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe
- District of Columbia
- West Virginia
- Chickahominy Indian Tribe Providence Forge, VA
- Chickahominy Indians Eastern Division Providence Forge, VA
- Monacan Indian Nation Amherst, VA
- Nansemond Indian Nation Suffolk, VA
- Pamunkey Indian Tribe King William, VA
- Rappahannock Tribe Indian Neck, VA
- Upper Mattaponi Indian Tribe King William, VA
Who is this course for?
- Anyone interested in starting or supporting a community composting initiative
- Anyone involved in an existing community composting initiative
No prior experience with composting is necessary, but you do need access to a computer. This course is self-paced and provides a certificate upon completion. To take advantage of this promotion, residents of the above listed states and tribal lands should enroll in the course between September 18 – 30 (the course can be completed after the promotion ends).
Grab a buddy (or five) and enroll together! We are dedicated to making our resources accessible to those in need, including historically disenfranchised and BIPOC communities. Bulk discounts and individual scholarships are available to anyone, regardless of where they live. Learn more here.
Share with your network!
Share our graphic below! Click to download.
Please note: the focus of this course is hot or thermophilic composting, not vermicomposting (composting with worms). However, the information on the benefits of composting and background on community composting will be relevant regardless of the composting system being used.