Learn practical and impactful approaches to “Creating Value Through Zero Waste,” the focus of the 3rd Annual National Zero Waste Business Conference, May 6-9, 2014, in Atlanta, GA.
Register at the USZWBC website www.uszwbc.org
[NOTE: ILSR readers can get a 20% discount using the
discount code nzwbc14ilsr if you register by March 21st]
The conference is hosted by the U.S. Zero Waste Business Council (www.uszwbc.org) in partnership with Sustainable Atlanta and Elemental Impact, and includes an exciting agenda with presentations by industry leaders including:
- Brenda Platt, Institute for Local Self-Reliance
- Laura Turner Seydel
- Cheri Chastain, Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
- Kathy Loftus, Whole Foods Market
- John Bradburn, General Motors
- Will Sagar, SERDC
- and many more!
Conference attendees will gain practical knowledge, explore new business opportunities, and learn how to create healthier, more productive and more efficient businesses. The Conference also will provide educational resources and tools for businesses beginning or completing their Zero Waste efforts. This includes a “Become a Certified Zero Waste Business Associate” Training Course on Tuesday, May 6th for businesses and Zero Waste professionals interested in gaining accreditation by USZWBC as a Zero Waste Business Associate or Zero Waste Accredited Professional.
Who Should Attend
- Corporate sustainability managers and facility managers looking to cut costs through greener practices
- Small and Mid-Sized business managers looking to improve waste reduction practices
- State and local government employees who work in the waste reduction/Zero Waste field
- Environmental consulting firms that want to learn about the latest successes in Zero Waste and certification
- Providing the tools & knowledge necessary for businesses to achieve Zero Waste; helping the environment and the bottom-line
- Teaching businesses waste reduction methods from the leaders in the field including academics, industry specialists and experts from Zero Waste businesses that have achieved more than 90% diversion
Please visit the USZWBC website (www.uszwbc.org) for details and registration. Early Bird discounted registration ends March 31, 2014! For more about the conference and Zero Waste in the host city Atlanta, visit Elemental Impact’s Creating Value through Zero Waste blog article.