Amazon recently secured a national contract that opens the way for billions of dollars in local government spending to shift to the company, with significant implications for the independent office products sector. As vocal advocates against Amazon’s monopoly power and its capture of government procurement at the federal level, independent office product dealers are uniquely positioned to continue informing, understanding, and raising the profile of these issues.
Take the Office Dealer Survey
Help us gather critical data from the independent office products sector that we can share with elected officials and journalists by taking our survey. Among other questions, we want to know how Amazon is impacting your business, if you’ve been approached by Amazon or a government buyer about becoming a Marketplace seller, and if you do sell on Amazon’s platform, what your experiences have been like.
The survey takes just a few minutes to complete. The deadline is Sept. 11, 2018.
Click here to take this short survey now.
- Template Letter for Your Local Elected Officials – Coming Soon
- Template Letter for Your Members of Congress – Coming Soon
- Take Action Sheet — “As Amazon Moves to Capture Local Government Spending, Here’s What You Can Do” (also available as a PDF)
Sign up for Updates & Alerts
Sign up using the form below, or by clicking here, to stay informed and learn about opportunities to take action to address Amazon’s unfair influence and anti-competitive behavior.
- Full Report — Amazon’s Next Frontier: Your City’s Purchasing, July 2018 (also available as a PDF)
- Press release — “Amazon’s National Contract to Supply Local Governments Puts Cities and Schools at Risk,” July 2018
- Episode of ILSR’s Building Local Power Podcast — Amazon’s New Path to Monopoly Is Through Your Local Government
- Purchasing policies that support the local economy — Local Purchasing Preferences, August 2015.
More of ILSR’s Research on Amazon
Bookmark the ILSR resource page on Amazon. Here, you will find our cover story for The Nation and our widely cited, in-depth report, Amazon’s Stranglehold, among other original research and reporting about the company.
Stay Informed & Connected
- Our monthly Hometown Advantage Bulletin newsletter provides the latest reporting and research updates from the Institute for Local Self-Reliance’s Independent Business program.
- The Institute for Local Self-Reliance is a national nonprofit organization. Please support our work with a donation.
Photo Credit: www.quotecatalog.com via Flickr (CC BY 2.0)