We need your support today. Help us fight against the concentration of corporate power, the loss of control of our local economies and government, and the growing threats to our environment.
Join us by making a donation to help communities take control of their economies and their futures by:
- Building locally-controlled, renewable energy systems
- Expanding community-owned broadband networks
- Increasing the number of successful independent, local businesses
- Creating jobs in new reuse and composting businesses
- Protecting the public commons
Forty years ago, ILSR began a mission to restructure our communities and economy around locally scaled enterprise, democratic ownership, and environmental stewardship – leading to more equitable communities with a better quality of life. We have worked with thousands of business leaders, elected officials, and community organizers to help them take control of their community economies, and set a brighter, healthier future.
Please be a part of the next 40 years by becoming a monthly sustainer contributing $10 a month or more, or making a one-time donation today.
With your donation ILSR can:
- Create groundbreaking research and analysis on how communities can own more of their resources and determine their economic growth
- Offer on-the-ground technical support to businesses and leaders pushing to change their local legislation and build new innovative economic models
- Provide the valuable popular education materials you count on us for – from new infographics, podcasts, and weekly newsletters to insightful speeches and news articles.
- Develop media and policy tools for advocates to use in fighting for local scale and democratic ownership
ILSR is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization. Contributions to ILSR are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
Go here to support ILSR via our secure nonprofit donation page hosted by Razoo.
Contribute by Mail
Institute for Local Self-Reliance
2001 S Street NW, Ste. 570
Washington, DC 20009
Contribute by Phone
Call Sarah Pickell in ILSR’s Washington, DC, office at 202-898-1610 x250